The Municipality of East Hawkesbury property tax bill includes these three components
- Municipal tax, the rate of which is set by the Municipality
- Education tax, the rate of which is set in the Province
- Regional tax, whose rate is set by the United Counties of Prescott-Russell
The amount of property taxes paid by each owner is established according to the market value assessment, the category of property and the tax rates in effect. All property values are established by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation MPAC in accordance with the Assessment Act.
Tax bills are issued twice a year.
- The first interim bill is payable in 1 installment which is due March 31, representing 50% of the previous year.
- The final bill is payable in 2 installments which are due on July 31 and September 30 of each year.