Burn permit

A burn permit is essential if you wish to burn wood that is larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet (1 cubic meter). Campfires do not require a permit but must follow the Fire By-law. The number to call before starting your fire is 613-632-1105.

You must complete the online burn permit form to obtain your permit. 

New** Fees for fire permit $10/ valid for maximum of 30 days.

  • Branch, grass or leaf fires.
  • Fires set by eligible farmers to burn large piles during land clearing operations.

No permits will be issued during the period of June 1st to September 15th as burning is prohibited during this period.

Someone who setting an open-air fire or brush fire in a field without a permit (or if the fire burns out of control) will be charged a service fee if firefighters are required to attend, or are subject to a fine under the Provincial Offences Act. See By-law No. 2016-44.

Sections 3 and 4 of (By-law No. 99-35) states that the setting off of any fireworks in East Hawkesbury is not allowed unless written authorization has been obtained from the Fire Chief for the holding of the fireworks. It is agreed that even when permission has been obtained, the applicant remains responsible.

Fill out the application for (fireworks).

General Rule:

  • Before burning any material on a property, a burning permit must be obtained.
  • This permit is issued free of charge.
  • No burning permit is required for campfires, barrel burns or outdoor fireplace fires.
  • All types of fires must be supervised at all times and never left unattended until completely extinguished.
  • Fire extinguishing equipment (tools, water, etc.) must be available on the site at all times.
  • It is strictly forbidden to light a fire directly in grass, hay, leaves or crops!
  • Odours and smoke must not cause discomfort to people or affect property. In such cases, extinguish the fire immediately!
  • Do not start a fire if wind conditions may cause reduced visibility on a road or highway.
Scroll to top